David Feng has talked at length about the railways to audiences across many contents — be it Europe, Asia, or Oceania, at some of the most visible and prestigious addresses, from Piccadilly to Peking. He’s keynoted TEDx in China, spoken to China Railway PR and front-line train and station management audiences, and given a talk onboard a train. An independent railways and urban rail observer and specialist, his ideas are food for thought for the rail world.
The talks below do not include the Everyday Rail English or Everyday Rail Metro talks.
- November 2019: Speaker at the Bookworm in Beijing, China, in English: China rail + metro travel experiences and secrets
- 03 Aug 2018: Closing Remarks at nationwide rail English contest finals, in Beijing, China, in English and other languages
- 19 May 2018: Keynote speaker at HSR event, in Ganzhou, China, in Chinese, talking about the importance of HSR, its business impact, successful examples in Switzerland and the UK, and details in integrating HSR with the rest of the city transport network
- 28 Aug 2017: Speaker onboard Your Journey Your Story event on Train G13, Beijing, China, in Chinese: Independent remarks of a rail observer since 2011
- 26 Aug 2017: Speaker at BRICS-related media academic event, Xiamen, China, in English: Arteries of Communications
- 28 Jul 2017: Speaker to nationwide rail PR crew, Beijing, China, in Chinese: Culture and language differences in communicating the railways to an international audience
- 24 Jun 2017: Keynoted TEDx at Fengdong Square, Xi’an, China, in English, outlining how rail travel can change perceptions and encourage people to discover beauty and curiosity around the country by rail
- April 2017: Speaker to top-level rail PR crew, Beijing, China, in Chinese: Culture and language differences in communicating the railways to an international audience
- 12 Apr 2016: Speaker at London Book Fair, London, UK, in English, outlining China, urbanisation, and transport developments
- 04 Apr 2016: Speaker at the London Transport Museum, London, UK, in English: From A to B in London and Beijing
- 23 Nov 2015: Speaker at the British Academy, London, UK, in English, mentioning technology, smart cities, and advanced transport links
References available on request where applicable.